Bethlehem Center, a mission of the parish, provides food and clothing in an atmosphere of dignity and respect to those in need. Formerly known as the Good News Center and earlier as Sister Ursula’s Kitchen, the Bethlehem Center continues the vital work established by the Daughters of Charity and its successor, Catholic Charities Diocese of Fresno.
The former ‘Good News Center’ became a ministry of the Catholic Church of Visalia in 2010 when the Bethlehem Center was established to continue the mission of the Catholic Church in caring for the poor and homeless.
Located in North Visalia, not far from Holy Family and St. Mary’s Churches, the Bethlehem Center provides meals and clothing for the less-fortunate in Visalia and the surrounding communities.
In 2012, the Center served more than 60,000 meals, provided 124,000 pounds of food from its food pantry, and issued 12,500 articles of clothing.
Through cooperative efforts of churches in the area and local merchants and business, the Bethlehem Center continues its mission to feed the hungry and clothe the naked in the name of Christ, the Lord.
Our area director is Anna Livingston. Those interested in contributing to the Bethlehem Center are invited to visit the Center at 1638 N. Dinuba Blvd. in Visalia, call 559-734-1572, or visit the Center’s website at www.bethcenter.org.