Founded in 1861, the church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (St. Mary’s) is the oldest parish in the Southern San Joaquin Valley. It is the “mother” church of various parishes in Tulare, Kings, and Fresno Counties. The founding pastor was Father Daniel Francis Dade who came from Philadelphia, PA in late 1857 and originally was located in Santa Barbara. He was transferred to the village of Visalia in 1861 and began the present parish covering the entire area of what is now the Diocese of Fresno with around 20 Catholic families. Today, the parish is home to approximately 11,000 Catholic families and offers numerous ministries and services.
Mass | Misa
Click here for current schedules.
See schedule on our main page
608 N. Church St.
Visalia, CA 93291